What Is An Exercise Physiologist And How Does The Treatment Differ From Physiotherapy?
An Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) is a University Qualified Allied Health Professional that provides treatment through safe and effective exercise to a wide variety of conditions. Pathology’s that AEP’s specialise treatment for include but are not limited to:
- Cardiovascular (eg. heart disease, blood pressure control)
- Metabolic and autoimmune disorders (eg. Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Pulmonary (e.g asthma, COPD)
- Mental health
Why Exercise Physiology?
If you need guidance with an existing program, want to start an exercise program or want to improve performance in your sport then Exercise Physiology is for you, and we would encourage you to contact our clinic on 62549889 to book an appointment with our Exercise Physiologist. Our Exercise Physiologists assess patients on an individual basis and create and monitor safe and effective exercise programs to treat a wide range of conditions as mentioned above.
Additional Services Our Aep’s Offer:
- Strength and Conditioning
- Athletic Development of all ages
- Sports injury management and prevention
- Running / sprint technique analysis and coaching
Accredited Exercise Physiologists Are Recognised By:
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- CTP Insurance
- Majority of major private health funds
- Department of Veteran Affairs