Having trouble with neck pain?
If you are one of the many Australians that suffers with neck pain, neck ache, or neck stiffness, you will be pleased to know that our proven physiotherapy approach may offer the solution you have been searching for.
We encourage you to contact us for a thorough assessment with one of our Physiotherapists if you regularly experience any of the following:
- persistent neck ache first thing in the morning
- Neck stiffness when reversing the car
- Clicking neck noises when turning
- Constantly aching neck muscles
- Tingling in your hands or fingers
Neck pain causes
Neck pain treatment
Thankfully, physiotherapy offers a very effective treatment for neck pain. After conducting a complete history, orthopaedic and neurological examination, your physiotherapist will recommend a course of treatment that aims to reduce pressure, restore movement and prevent recurrence.
Typically, your physiotherapist will recommend the following:
- postural advice and how to avoid further strain
- a series of spinal mobilisations to restore proper movement to the neck vertebrae
- massage to tight neck muscles
- neck exercises to encourage improved movement
- neck strengthening exercises
- heat/ice therapy to help manage your neck pain
- recommend a contoured pillow to provide correct support while sleeping.