Dear TM Physio community
As you are all well aware there are confirmed cases of community spread COVID-19 in Australia. At this point in time the confirmed cases in the ACT remain low. Whilst it is a time to be concerned and cautious, it is not a time to panic or be driven by hysteria. As advised by the Health Department we should all continue our normal activities of life, but implement sensible precautions to stop the spread. Throughout this period it is important that you continue look after your physical health and well-being.
Your TM physio team remain committed to continuing our high quality physiotherapy care for you in a safe environment for our staff and clients. We are constantly engaged with the updated Health advice provided by Government and will advise you of any changes to procedure.
TM physio wanted to take this opportunity to update you on our clinic procedures that we have implemented in relation to the COVID-19 virus.
If you answer YES to any of the following three questions we request that you please DO NOT ATTEND our clinics for period of 2 weeks or medically cleared;
- Have you returned from overseas in the past 2 weeks?
- Have you had contact with a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing cold/flu like symptoms such as fever, cough, breathing difficulties, sore throat?
If you do need to reschedule your appointment, please call our reception staff as soon as possible so that we can find a suitable time to continue your treatment.
TM physio always has a high standard hygiene policy all year round but in light of the current increased public health risks with COVID-19 we have taken extra measures;
- Hand sanitisers at the reception counters and ask our clients to wash hands on entry and exit of our practices.
- Extra cleaning of high contact areas (door handles, bench tops, gym equipment) to ensure they disinfected frequently.
- Patient hand washing prior and following gym classes.
Your help in keeping yourself and others healthy and safe is much appreciated. Please contact any of our clinics if you have any questions.
To stay up to date with the latest reputable advice see: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
TM Physio Practice Principal
16 March 2020